CGS Forums Community News – Open Public Forum 1st time potential buyer… HELP!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      cwatson
      Participant

Hello All,

I recently came across AliExpress and am very tempted to purchase a Chibson J200 or Hummingbird. I live in Northern Kentucky (5 minutes from Cincinnati, OH). So a couple of questions… For you veteran buyers, what percentage chance do I have of not getting it confiscated? Will this item come through Chicago Customs? Any tips for ordering or avoiding issues in transit? All responses are appreciated.

cahunter75cahunter75
      Participant

Hi from sunny central Florida! It’s really a crapshoot although the chances are good everything will sail right thru..just don’t spend more than you can afford to lose..go with someone off A-list…good luck! All of mine came thru New York without a hitch

boomboom4200boomboom4200
      Participant

Not sure where it will come into, but I have heard some folks around here say that is has a better chance if you put a custom logo, which I have done and they all come thru NY. I live in newengland, I agree a list seller, read reviews, keep realistic expectations. GLWTS

juice1000rr
      Participant

Ive had 3 guitars sent. None confiscated. I live in Ohio and 2 came through JFK and one through SF.

cwatson
      Participant

All,

Thank you for the feedback, I think I’m going to give it a try.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.