CGS Forums Community News – Open Public Forum custom logo help

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      crabbycrabby
      Participant

Ok so IF I ever buy a Chinese made guitar I will likely have my own “custom logo” put on the headtsock BUT a couple questions first.

1. How much does this add to the cost of the build, if done in Abalone, Mother Of Pearl, gold or silver ink or paint ?

2. What I have in mind is simple BUT it does involve possibly “overlapping” the letters of my initials and I don’t have a clue on how to do this with a computer.

jamesW
      Participant

1. Ask the seller you are looking at (Normally around $20 but real MoP may be more)
      2. You could hand draw it and send them the logo although the chances of it turning our nice are probably much lower. Google some youtube tutorials on basic photoshop or illustrator and you should be able to make on digitally 🙂

crabbycrabby
      Participant

Thanks after reading your reply I looked around a bit and found a free program called “Inkscape” downloaded it and I’m trying to learn how to use it in order to create my “Logo” 🙂

jamesW
      Participant

Both Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop have 30day free trials so that may be worth a look. But yes there are many other free versions of this type of software

ausfrankoausfranko
      Participant

crabby,
      What type of logo are you doing may be able to help out

crabbycrabby
      Participant

Basically some thing with my initials (TKC) but overlapping in some way, maybe in writing OR possibly in block print, not sure and

like this “T C”
      K

G
      u
      i
      t
      a
      r
      s

crabbycrabby
      Participant

Well the software moved the “K guitars” to the left, they should be under and center of the “T C”

crabbycrabby
      Participant

Of course IF anyone wanted to experiment a little with this it would be fine too, what’s your ideas on how to get a nice lookin’ logo using my initials, TKC?

crabbycrabby
      Participant

Anyone?

warpedfx
      Participant

logo

just messed around on photoshop quick

crabbycrabby
      Participant

Thanks warpedfx !
      That looks pretty cool I know next to nothing about such things so, can ya’ tell me a way to save that for printing on a regular printer? I want to be able to have a personalized “Logo” applied to any guitar I have build by the Chinese BUT I in the meantime I have a “parts strat” that has a plain headstock and it is badly in need of a “logo” being applied………………

FarnzieFarnzie
      Participant

Just right click the mouse and select save image, then it will be save on your computer

crabbycrabby
      Participant

Got it, thanks! Anyone else have any neat ideas for a logo using my initials! “TKC”

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.