June 24, 2015 at 17:31 #5377
Ok so IF I ever buy a Chinese made guitar I will likely have my own “custom logo” put on the headtsock BUT a couple questions first.
1. How much does this add to the cost of the build, if done in Abalone, Mother Of Pearl, gold or silver ink or paint ?
2. What I have in mind is simple BUT it does involve possibly “overlapping” the letters of my initials and I don’t have a clue on how to do this with a computer.
June 26, 2015 at 13:33 #5463jamesWParticipant
1. Ask the seller you are looking at (Normally around $20 but real MoP may be more)
2. You could hand draw it and send them the logo although the chances of it turning our nice are probably much lower. Google some youtube tutorials on basic photoshop or illustrator and you should be able to make on digitally 🙂
June 27, 2015 at 03:04 #5476
Thanks after reading your reply I looked around a bit and found a free program called “Inkscape” downloaded it and I’m trying to learn how to use it in order to create my “Logo” 🙂
June 27, 2015 at 05:55 #5477jamesWParticipant
Both Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop have 30day free trials so that may be worth a look. But yes there are many other free versions of this type of software
July 7, 2015 at 14:20 #5611ausfrankoParticipant
What type of logo are you doing may be able to help out
July 8, 2015 at 22:31 #5653
Basically some thing with my initials (TKC) but overlapping in some way, maybe in writing OR possibly in block print, not sure and
like this “T C”
July 8, 2015 at 22:32 #5654
Well the software moved the “K guitars” to the left, they should be under and center of the “T C”
July 11, 2015 at 19:10 #5702
Of course IF anyone wanted to experiment a little with this it would be fine too, what’s your ideas on how to get a nice lookin’ logo using my initials, TKC?
July 15, 2015 at 23:37 #5751
July 17, 2015 at 16:45 #5769warpedfxParticipant
just messed around on photoshop quick
July 18, 2015 at 02:58 #5773
Thanks warpedfx !
That looks pretty cool I know next to nothing about such things so, can ya’ tell me a way to save that for printing on a regular printer? I want to be able to have a personalized “Logo” applied to any guitar I have build by the Chinese BUT I in the meantime I have a “parts strat” that has a plain headstock and it is badly in need of a “logo” being applied………………
July 18, 2015 at 05:44 #5774FarnzieParticipant
Just right click the mouse and select save image, then it will be save on your computer
July 18, 2015 at 15:49 #5775
Got it, thanks! Anyone else have any neat ideas for a logo using my initials! “TKC”
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.