Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      mojo67mojo67
      Participant

Ordered this today: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Jazz-Electric-Guitar-Custom-Shop-Vintage-Sunburst-Hollow-Body-Guitar/1038493_32356843639.html

from this Store:ZMK instrument co.

I will follow up when and share my experience at the end.

Best regards
      /j

Anonymous
      Inactive

Good luck, mate! I look forward to hearing about your experience.

mojo67mojo67
      Participant

Hi, just wanna do a quick update on my order.

:Ordered the guitar 14.09.2015
      :Communication with seller was ok.
      :I had photo’s send to me, i ordered a 335 copy with no logo, everything looked ok.
      :Process and shipment was ok and as to be expected.
      :The package is now at customs and have been now since 26/09/2015 10:48
      :Contacted the Danish customs etc., no info, no luck, no help, no advice.
      :Today i have send a message to seller asking for his advice.
      :4 day’s left to dispute.

I’m really not expecting any guitar to arrive or getting my money back as i’ve read around the web that the Aliexpress money back guarantee is worth sh@@!

I’m waiting to monday 12.10.2015 to open the dispute option and give the seller a chance to come up with some kind of input or solution.

/cheers from Denmark

JamesInChinaJamesInChina

not understanding. are you saying customs have lost your package? what input are you expecting from the seller? to fly to denmark and search the customs facility for you?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Put in a claim, don’t mention customs to anyone, especially the seller. Just say you didn’t receive it.

JamesInChinaJamesInChina

doesnt sound very ethical to me. wouldnt the seller then be out of pocket by a couple hundred dollars?

Anonymous
        Inactive

Ethical, LOL.

JamesInChinaJamesInChina

on a forum where people ofen buy counterfeit guitars? maybe you’re right. but in this case i think the guitar wasnt trademark infringing.

mojo67mojo67
      Participant

Thnx for your replies:

@JamesInChina
      : ..just want to play fair and give seller the chance to comment etc. that’s it.

@Thunderbird:Thnx for your advice. I’ll do that.

mojo67mojo67
      Participant

…just received mail from customs. They want me to confirm and attach “buyers” documentation for a package with “no documentation” attached from a seller in China.

I’m kind’a shure it’s the guitar, weight is 3,4 kg. and only comment on it is “gift”.

Should i react!? – Btw. I have ordered no decal/blank, but what if decal/logo is on the headstock? There’s no way of knowing..

I would appreciate any advice..

/thnx

Anonymous
        Inactive

They probably want to charge you duty and need to know how much you paid. I doubt there is an issue beyond that, I could be wrong though, not being familiar with Denmark’s importation laws.

mojo67mojo67
      Participant

Sorry for my poor english skills, hope you understand.

/cheers

GrandSpectorGrandSpector
      Participant

yeah, they most likely want to see what you paid for it to charge you the right fee
      again, just assuming it from experience in my country, which is not denmark 😉

mojo67mojo67
      Participant

I have provided customs with all details incl, price, store etc. In my mind I have done nothing wrong regarding trademark infringing etc. So now let’s see..

I’ll update when/if something develops in any direction.

Thank you all for answers and suggestions, it’s very much appreciated.

/j

Anonymous
        Inactive

Your mind is the one that matters, friend 🙂

Cruzthree
      Participant

Good luck. I’ve got a guitar on order with ZMK so looking forward to seeing how your guitar turns out and /or how the issue is resolved.

mojo67mojo67
      Participant

.. oh, i had no hope left for my 335 to arrive, but today was the day i did. After a long tedious ‘struggle’ with customs etc. they delivered the package but a extra service fee, all in all with postage it ran to 1000 DDK (134 euro aprx.)

I have now followed up with the seller and told him the some what boring longer version and i think he has been very helpfull since October 17 delivered some ekstra “paperwork” for customs and from then on things started rollin’.

What i have learned:

1: I want the real price to be visible on the package/papers etc. (no gift)
      2: Be more specific regarding decal/logo (this came w. Gibson on it)
      3: Be firm with customs, know your rights, expect the worst but hope for the best.

The guitar looks very nice and plays good out of the box, did a little truss rod and string adjustment + new strings and it was ready to go. I sound really great i.m.o. but hey you might otherwise, so i made a little tube clip.

My home amp is a ClassA Kustom Defender 5H w. cab. Mic’ed with a SM57, TRex Roommate reverb and recorded on my smartphone.

Youtube: ES335C

Thnx to all who gave advice or commented along the way, for what it’s worth i means somthing!

Picture: ES335C

Cheers
      /j

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by mojo67mojo67.
      • This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by mojo67mojo67.
        Anonymous
        Inactive

Nice guitar and nice playing, congrats! Sounds fine, to my ear 🙂

cahunter75cahunter75
      Participant

Nice guitar! Ming comes thru with another decent one! Hollow body as well

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.