CGS Forums Community News – Open Public Forum WHAT IS Initiative Adapterization????

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Mike BMike B
      Participant

Most times when searching for Chibson on Ali I keep seeing the term..”Initiative Adapterization” What the hell does that mean? is it a fancy word for Passive Pickups, Or does it mean Active Pickups? I just ordered a Zakk Wylde LP with “Initiative Adapterization” pickups, you know the “EMG” labled ones. lol. I was under the assumption that they are active. Was I wrong? Maybe,,, (Initiative Adapterization) is a good word to go into the glossary once we figure out what the hell it means.

RickRick
      Participant

I think it means “No Wax, Squeals Like Pig”, cause that’s what mine said and did…LOL

Mike BMike B
      Participant

Lol. Thats probably true. I do hope they are active though although I’m sure I will be putting some real EMG’s in asap.
      Its sitting at my post office now and will be at my door monday , so time will tell.

RalloRallo
      Participant

I have a ZW without the “bullseye” and cartoon character on the back of the headstock. The pickups say EMG on them but they are not active. They sound better than the normal pickups in these things but I’ve never found a place to plug in a 9v battery!

Mike BMike B
      Participant

mines the bulls eye. I contacted the seller last night and she said it was a active pickup guitar(9 volt in with the pots she said) . I’m going to do a video unboxing on Monday so we shall all see.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.